LOCATION: Mill Street Office Building - Danville, Pennsylvania
DEPARTMENT: System Marketing
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
As a Director of System Marketing, you’ll join an established team of service line directors who think “digital-first” in their direct-to-consumer (DTC) programs, leading cross-functional marketing and communications teams to deliver lead/appointment/patient volumes targets and return on marketing investment (ROMI) to the clinical enterprise. Reporting to the VP of System Marketing & Brand, this newly created position joins two other Directors of System Marketing to help support the integrated health system’s growth and lead a team of front-line marketing strategists and marketing specialists in their day-to-day work supporting business initiatives through omni-channel marketing tactics built upon go-to-market (GTM) plans that are developed in partnership with clinical clients/partners to support system-wide fiscal/growth strategies.
This is a fast-paced and fun opportunity for the right marketing talent with the right mindset. The director-level role requires the ability to thrive in a start-up environment while navigating inside a complex and heavily government-regulated industry now facing competition from many national and global players. Geisinger is recognized for clinical innovation (among the first US health systems to adopt electronic health records more than two decades ago) and delivering healthcare in better ways. Under direction of our Chief Marketing Officer who was recruited in early 2018 from Scripps Health in San Diego, California, we’ve recently re-introduced our Geisinger brand that differentiates and positions Geisinger for success today and the future in the rapidly changing marketplace of US healthcare that is much more now than hospitals, clinics, outpatient centers or urgent care.
In this new role, you’ll manage at least one Geisinger specialty service line and deliver great work that is built to scale through your strong market management track record to ensure that performance metrics meet or exceed set KPIs. You’ll be comfortable consulting on business strategy at one moment with executive-level leaders of services lines and advising your direct reports on ways to improve current work and processes. You’re comfortable wearing managerial and departmental ambassador hats and are responsible for hiring, coaching and fostering an inclusive team culture for members of your in-house team, as well as outside specialized contractors who may be physically situated anywhere in the US. You inspire others around you as a proven player/coach and you understand the value of brand when it comes to customer loyalty, preference and net promoter score (NPS). As such, you’re fanatical about properly leveraging all Geisinger brand assets to fuel DTC campaigns that are recognizable as Geisinger and endure in the minds of customers. You’re comfortable presenting campaign metrics to executives as much as GTM recommendations to stakeholders and thousands of non-marketers in the organization.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Owning service line/specialty care GTM and all supporting work to deliver high ROI for the department and system.
• Managing two direct reports who own service line marketing for assigned clinical areas of organization.
• Driving priorities and activity to support KPIs that align to health system priorities, including health plan growth.
• Challenging assumptions and recommending change where required.
• Valuing departmental peers and what they can bring to the table to improve work/results.
• Stretching to achieve what’s possible, not simply what’s expected.
• Serving as strategic partner inside the System Marketing & Brand group and Department.
• Delivering ways to differentiate in the market against non-traditional players and win customers.
• Developing ways to increase team efficiency, quality and throughput.
• Collaborating with writers, editors, UX designers, and creative technologists to develop winning and ROMI-based campaigns.
Bachelor's Degree – Required
Marketing, Business or Liberal Arts - Preferred
Master's Degree - Preferred
Minimum of 7 years Marketing - Required
· 10+ years in a service line marketing role for a non-profit or for-profit health system.
· At least 5 years’ experience in DTC and B2B leveraging multiple online and offline channels.
· Ability to coach and mentor talent to deliver top results.
· Comfort with ambiguity in occasional situations.
· Demonstrated track record of problem-solving and troubleshooting.
· Hunger for project management and seeing systems operate at high-performance.
· Mastery of MFST Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Outlook.
· Strong understanding of best practices for mobile with knowledge of current web trends.
· Experience working with multiple departments’ unique needs and balancing priorities without guidance.
· A desire to work in an open, team-first environment where metrics matter and talent is recognized.
· An incredible eye for detail and a passion for design and utility for consumers through better UX.
· A hunger to be part of something (and a mission) that is bigger than yourself.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.