Responsible for supporting the Development, Donor Relations, and Alumni Relations teams by producing engaging print publications, invitations and digital assets for web, video, email and social media—always on brand and sensitive to budget constraints. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Director of Graphic Design and serve as a key member on the Marketing and Communications team. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provide design services for Alumni Relations, Development, and Donor Relations in collaboration with the Director of Graphic Designer and in accordance with the Lehigh brand *Respond promptly to requests *Offer clients multiple solutions at the outset of the request *Offer clients multiple design concepts for review *Consistently manage multiple brand identities, including: Lehigh University, GO: The Campaign for Lehigh, and other Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) programs and initiatives
2. Provide design support for digital marketing projects *Create graphics for mass email communications, web and social media *Create animations
3. Provide design support for video and multimedia projects *Create animations *Create graphics for video
4. Act as project manager for print, direct mail and collateral projects *Set production schedules and monitor design projects in Workfront (DAR’s work management system) *Organize, schedule and art direct photo shoots *Manage and obtain feedback and approvals from DAR clients *Incorporate revisions in a timely and accurate manner *Update project budgets and submit invoices for work to finance promptly
5. Manage vendor relationships *Serve as liaison between DAR and vendors *Share design files according to design and printer best practices *Communicate expectations to vendor and updates to DAR staff
6. Stay abreast of design best practices and trends *Stay knowledgeable about best practices related to design and user experience and marketing *Provide design expertise and guidance to the Marketing and Communications team when marketing plans and campaigns are being conceived
Grade: 9 – 40
Position Number: S80790
This position is expected to partially work remote while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future it is expected that this position will be staffed on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
Will often be required to see, hear, talk, sit and reach with hands and arms
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Graphic Design or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Communications, photography, video, multimedia and graphic design experience in a professional setting, including writing and designing on a deadline, generating creative ideas and independent project management experience preferred
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion under tight deadlines
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and advanced graphics software
Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499650
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.