Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
USA - MA - Boston
Loading... Please wait.
Job SavedSave Job
Internal Number: 499799
Responsible for creating content that tells engaging stories that drive alumni audience engagement. The videographer must be capable of completing video production; including defining project scope concepting, writing scripts, location scouting, filming, editing, motion graphics, color correcting and more. Responsible for managing project workflows and coordinating resources. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be comfortable working under pressure and be extremely organized. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Project scope and concepting *Work with partners to identify video needs, create project scope, create and manage timelines *Create and present creative concept/brief *Partner with in-house creative to identify and craft digital deployment plans *Work with external partners on higher complexity projects
2. Pre-production *Create all documents needed for pre-production - content outline, write scripts, align on equipment needs, develop a shoot schedule, location, secure talent, props, etc. *Work with internal team on creating video briefs for events and supporting programs
3. Production *Provide creative and practical input during all production phases *Direct and produce all in-house videos - include camera and audio operation *Maintain all Lehigh owned video equipment *Shoot still photography, when needed *Direct voice-over recording sessions *Manage load-in and set up for all shoots
4. Post-production *Editing of all in-house videos *Be skilled in reviewing footage, crafting the story, editing for stage of review - rough cut, graphics cut, final cut *Being able to color correct and audio sweeten final videos *Manage our video post subscriptions for animation, music, etc. *Design graphics or partner with our in-house creative team, as needed *Be nimble in editing style, motion graphics expertise is a plus *Manage videos for accessibility - providing open or closed captions as needed *Manage internal vimeo channel *Manage proofing process for video *Create all video cutdowns as needed for digital deployment *Act as quality assurance for all video *Deliver all video assets and achieve
5. Stay abreast of digital marketing best practices *Monitor digital marketing forums that provide information on best practices in the ever-shifting digital marketing landscape *Serve as a resource for instructing how to integrate video in digital media and email marketing efforts to Development and Alumni Relations staff *Participate in conferences and knowledge development in the field
Position Number: S98300
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Film, Video Production, Communications, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to eight years related work experience; prior agency experience preferred
May sometimes be required to sit, stand, walk, see, push, pull and lift up to 25 pounds
Professional experience with video production, including both filming and editing for clients in a business setting.
Strong knowledge of video and audio recording on DSLR cameras
Strong knowledge of the Adobe Suite including Premier, Rush and After Effects
Ability and desire to work collaboratively with other creative professionals, including other members of our in-house creative team
Strong understanding of editing workflows and file structuring
Strong communication and presentation skills
Ability to shift tone and style based on client needs and brand guidelines
Ability to establish priorities while handling multiple projects
Ability to travel to video shoots
Graphic design and motion graphics experience preferred
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.