Do you thrive in a high-energy environment and love college sports? Do you love being part of a team where your contributions are valued, and your ideas are expected? Does the opportunity to lead a number of marketing functions for one of the top conferences in the country get you excited? If so, the Director – Brand Marketing role could be a great fit for you! The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience managing ticket sales, fan engagement, research, branding, advertising, and helping to identify new revenue opportunities. Key qualities for success in this role include being a self-starter, detail-oriented and enjoy working and collaborating with others in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment in which communication with a large number of stakeholders is essential. The ideal candidate will value relationship-building, embrace continual learning, and be solution-driven. The position reports to the Sr. Associate Commissioner, Brand Marketing. The Atlantic Coast Conference includes fifteen of the best university brands in the country, supports 10,000+ student-athletes who value both academics and athletics and spans the entire East Coast. Come join our team!
• Assist the Senior Associate Commissioner, Brand Marketing, in achieving the annual goals of the Brand Marketing group.
• Create comprehensive ticket sales marketing plans and work with ad agencies and vendors to purchase media and develop ad creative for all platforms.
• Oversee the ACC database and develop strategies to build and utilize the list to drive business objectives.
• Identify and assist in developing new revenue opportunities for the conference.
• Oversee annual ACC Championship fan research plan and work with outside parties to implement the plan.
• Work with local organizing committees, ticketing agencies and advertisers to drive awareness of, and sell tickets to, ACC Championships.
• Assist with the coordination of in-game elements for the ACC Football Championship Game, Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments, Baseball Championship and select other Olympic Sports Championships (includes Run of Show, PA Script, Video Board and LED Graphics.)
• Develop signage and branding plans for ACC Championships and other ACC events and work closely with outside partner to ensure implementation of the plan.
• Coordinate initiatives and distribute information to ACC Marketing Directors at all 15 institutions and facilitate collaboration and idea-sharing within the group.
• Lead the planning and development of the annual ACC Marketing Director meeting working with schools to set the agenda, guest speakers and other activities.
• Create and implement ACC branding and promotion initiatives on-campuses including video board graphics, co-branded giveaways, on-site activations and the ACC Football Postseason Initiative.
• Identify and help implement conference marketing initiatives across ACC social and digital platforms.
• Develop and implement innovative ideas to engage fans at ACC Championships and on social media platforms.
• Assist in the implementation of sponsor activations at ACC Championships and across ACC platforms.
• Assist in the implementation of strategies for ACC Football 24/7/365.
• Participate and take a leading role in cross-functional teams inclusive of Communications, Public Relations, Advanced Media, Digital Media and Graphic Design to advance projects across the External Affairs group.
• Manage the monthly tracking of the Brand Marketing budget.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner & Chief of External Affairs and the Senior Associate Commissioner, Brand Marketing.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Experience creating game scripts and run-of-shows and producing live sporting events
Experience with campus athletic department marketing is a plus.
The Atlantic Coast Conference, now in its 69th year of competition and 15 members strong, has long enjoyed the reputation as one of the strongest and most competitive intercollegiate conferences in the nation. ACC members Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest continue to build upon the cornerstones on which the league was founded in 1953 with a consistent balance of academics, athletics and integrity. The ACC currently sponsors 27 NCAA sports – 14 for women and 13 for men – with member institutions located in 10 states. For more information, visit theACC.com and follow @theACC on Twitter and on Facebook (facebook.com/theACC).