The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 67,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
The Director, National and Chapter Member Marketing will develop and oversee implementation of AAP’s national recruitment and retention campaigns to achieve membership growth targets and increase member value and engagement. The Director will integrate field activities with overall national and chapter membership marketing and outreach plans designed to grow membership. Direct and lead all team activities and staff.
• Direct and facilitate implementation of an effective “ground campaign” to conduct outreach visits and deliver presentations on AAP member value with national and local AAP leaders in health systems, children’s hospitals, and academic centers
• Oversee and implement membership marketing campaigns; direct the development and implementation of overall annual membership marketing plan
• Provide guidance and support for chapter, sections, and council recruitment and retention activities
• Supervise and mentor assigned staff and encourage a work environment that promotes diversity, inclusion, and equity of all staff
• Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, operate with the highest ethical standards, and provide excellent service to members and volunteers
• Develop and maintain assigned budgets, report on variances, and recommend cost savings
• Represent the AAP, including direct interaction with members at the National Conference & Exhibition, Leadership Conference, and at other AAP exhibits and meetings as requested
• Conduct field site visits with targeted academic centers, hospitals, and health systems to recruit eligible non-members into AAP
• Collaborate with appropriate AAP staff to develop and strengthen member value business models
• Develop and monitor member communications strategy reinforcing member value
• Design and oversee implementation of innovative marketing programs that test new strategies to improve value of AAP services and grow membership
• Monitor changes in pediatric field, overall healthcare market, member/customer trends, and activities of competitors
• Assist with analysis interpretation and translation of membership data, needs assessment, vital statistics and trend reporting and align with strategic marketing efforts
• Provide member value and membership marketing consultation to AAP sections, councils, and chapters
• Benchmark AAP membership marketing practices against industry standards
• Lead and align efforts of assigned staff to achieve established membership recruitment goals
• Oversee the Academy’s member affinity programs from strategy development through contract negotiation and implementation to achieve revenue targets and ensure member satisfaction
• Review affinity program performance annually to increase member utilization and make recommendations to enhance the portfolio by adding or ending partnerships
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Skilled in leading and developing staff and ability to mentor, promote a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, take initiative, and think strategically required
• Technology savvy and receptive to training on new systems and/or technology, this includes intermediate or advanced proficiency in MS Office, membership data systems/CRM (e.g., netForum), project management software, virtual meeting platforms (e.g., WebEx, MS Teams), and budgeting software (e.g., Acumatica)
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.