As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
The Michael G. Foster School of Business ranks among the top business schools in the United States—for both undergraduate and graduate degrees. As of Fall 2020, over 1,300 students were enrolled in 12 top 25 ranked graduate programs, with a total of 3,420 students enrolled at the school. At the Foster School of Business, our purpose is that together we foster leaders, insights, and progress to better humanity.
About the Position:
As the Associate Director of Admissions and Marketing, you will lead the effort to attract, convert, enroll, and onboard diverse cohorts of highly qualified students into the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) and Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM) programs. You will have a strong understanding of the strategic initiatives defined by the University of Washington and the Foster School of Business and how to translate those into the overall MSBA and MSCM program goals. You will work closely with the Director to develop strategies and priorities that will ultimately fulfill these expectations. You will be seen as an authority in admissions, marketing, and recruiting and partner with the Recruiting and Admissions Managers to implement plans. You are equally adept at building relationships and managing projects and processes to get things done. You show up with a spirit of curiosity and innovation, and seek out opportunities for yourself, others, and our programs to continuously improve.
What’s you’ll do:
• Lead and manage two Recruiting and Admissions Managers who develop and execute recruiting and admissions tactics and advising activities for the MSBA and MSCM programs. This includes training, guiding, and monitoring work as well as designing performance goals and conducting performance reviews.
• Develop and manage the admissions process – from setting and administering policies and application requirements to the holistic review of candidates. Review applicant files, oversee admission interview process, and make independent decisions regarding applicants to send to the Admissions Committees for final review. Ensure overall effectiveness throughout the applicant review and decision-making process.
• Design and lead the admitted student onboarding process – from communications and pre-program events to virtual and in-person program Orientation. Partner with all program staff to ensure a smooth transition from applicant to student.
• Guide the planning, production (idea generation and promotion components) and execution (concept to end product) of marketing initiatives. Partner with the Foster MarCom team on strategies and implementation.
• Develop relationships with both on-campus and industry partners to develop pipeline recruitment structures. Collaborate with Recruiting and Admissions Managers on implementation.
• Manage the programs’ relationship with external admissions and marketing vendors – Kira Talent, copywriters, graphic designers, supplemental marketing firms, etc. • Develop and manage strategic communication plans (including blog, social media, and email) to drive attendance to events and nurture prospective students towards application completion.
• Manage the programs’ Salesforce CRM system. Establish and document procedures for effective use of the tool, ensure compliance with Foster School data standards, and share tips and represent the programs on the Salesforce Governance Committee.
• Develop marketing collateral (print and digital) for prospective students, including copywriting, occasional HTML coding, and coordinating content with team members and others in the Foster School.
• Occasionally conduct and attend information sessions, application workshops and other programming for prospective students and manage communication follow-up as needed. Represent the programs at UW Foster School events and other community business functions.
• Regularly monitor competitors and investigate potential opportunities that would benefit the program. Make independent decisions for improvements and provide expert advice to upper management about best practices.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on data to understand the effectiveness of admission, marketing and recruiting activities and identify and implement improvements to our strategies.
We are looking for someone with...
Bachelor's degree in business, social sciences, education or similar and a minimum of 5-years relevant experience in admissions, recruiting, and marketing, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Equivalent education/experience can substitute except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Prior experience leading, managing, or supervising people.
• A high level of motivation and initiative, who is excellent at follow-up, and is a resourceful team-player that delivers within defined timelines.
• Creative thinking and solid problem-solving, analysis, judgment, and decision-making skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, who can relate positively with culturally diverse populations.
• Technologically savvy. Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software systems are a plus.
• Ability to work occasional evening and Saturdays for program events and activities.
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.