The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA) seeks applications for the position of Administrative Associate 3 in the office of Marketing and Communications. The Administrative Associate 3 supports the Vice Chancellor, and the department as a whole. The position will also support marketing and communications efforts with writing, editing, website maintenance, and media relations duties.
The primary functions of this position include:
* Provides executive level assistance to the Vice Chancellor including preparing correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, and planning and coordinating retreats.
* Provides administrative support for departmental marketing and communications professionals located in Knoxville and across the state.
* Performs IRIS (SAP) duties which include monthly/weekly payroll for all staff members; maintains a working understanding of UT policies (fiscal, human resource, information technology, etc.) in order to advise and assist staff members.
* Assists in coordinating special events originating from the department which may include onsite set-up, placing catering orders, securing supplies, and assisting at the event.
* Assists media relations staff by sending news releases to various media outlets as assigned; maintains an up-to-date list of media contacts and assists with keeping up-to-date the UTIA experts list.
* Writes short content print and web-based article content for release and publication, which may include procuring images.
* Edits print and web-based content for typographical errors before distribution, and monitors visitor activity and engagement on the website to determine effectiveness of content.
* Uploads and updates web-based materials and information for UTIA and departmental websites, and possesses full knowledge of the marketing toolkit and other tools available on the website.
* Maintains promotional item webpage, maintains supply of promotional items and handles online orders; orders office supplies as needed in coordination with staff members.
* Serves as the front office customer relations representative for the department; receives and routes phone calls; greets and directs visitors, and solves issues in a friendly, professional manner.
* Maintains the general order of the office including mail distribution, and maintaining order and cleanliness in common areas.
The Administrative Associate 3 reports to the Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications.
The Institute’s four major units are the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, the College of Veterinary Medicine, UT AgResearch and UT Extension. The Institute contributes to improving the quality of lives and enhancing the agricultural, economic, environmental and social well-being of Tennessee. Our clientele include students, families, farmers, 4-Hers, agribusiness and the general public.