The Business Systems Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Senior Business Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Business Systems Analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
Key Skills and Experience
* Contribute as a project cross functional team.
* Participate in deep dive sessions with end users and subject matter experts as a means to elicit business logic.
* Support and influence the BSA Center of Excellence through support of best practices and sharing insights within the BSA Community (managed services and implementation).
* Provide consultative expertise (Internal & External)
* Ensure the enablement of a smooth transition and maintenance of the solution into production, working with internal team members, end users, and supporting facilitating change requests with the broader team using a defined change management process.
* Lead data asset analysis for the incoming data to understand how data relates to business requirements and business rules
* Responsible for written requirements specifications (business, functional, STT, FLD) from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery.
* Interface with the client, third-party vendors, and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle to develop the solution
* Manage and/or mentor less senior BSAs within the Implementation team and client projects ensuring BSA Deliverables.
* Synthesize complex and sometimes contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail across key supporting documents.
* Provide input into the functional design of solution data integration, in cooperation with systems analysts, leveraging multiple traditional inputs (Customer, Transaction, Promotion History).
* Adherence and input provided to project management regarding schedule, scope, risks, and cost tradeoffs.
* Utilize and provide recommendations regarding BSA best practices.
* Serve and support other BSAs as the functional point of contact for the solution during design and development, working through data and design questions/issues as they arise.
* Work closely with the Quality Assurance discipline or lead this discipline on small projects definition and execution of a test plan, which will include internal testing and user acceptance testing.
* Synthesize complex and sometimes contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
* Develop and deliver account cross-training and knowledge sharing.
* Willingness to travel when necessary.
* Work with remote and global colleagues and the associated schedule flexibility required due to multiple time zones.
* Critical listening and thinking skills
* Strong analytic skill
* Strong attention to detail
* Customer Service Focus
* Strong communication skills (written and oral), Including client communication
* Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Possess strong SQL skills.
* Ability to identify and work with others to arrive at creative solutions that are not readily apparent and to turn unclear facts into logical patterns and concepts
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly master complex data structures.
* Fundamental understanding of relational database design concepts [e.g. table design, table relationships (e.g. one-to-one, one-to-many), primary and foreign key designations, etc.].
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience is required
* 7-9+ years experience in client facing roles, specifically leading Discovery/JAD sessions of cross functional teams.
* 7-9+ years experience with writing detailed requirement documentation.
* 7-9+ years experience working with IT methodologies [e.g. Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Waterfall, Agile]
* Experience working cross-functionally and with remote team members
* Fundamental understanding of Data Driven Marketing, especially: Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Interactive Marketing, Digital Marketing
* Knowledge of Customer Data Integration - both known and anonymous customers - processes and best practices is a Plus.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.