Los Angeles, California
San Diego, California
West Hills, California
New Brunswick, New Jersey
San Diego, California
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Must be customer service oriented and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and proactively seek guidance and input from multiple project managers to meet deadlines
- Prefer experience in Alumni Relations or customer service positions with demonstrated ability for customer satisfaction
- Ability to work professionally with varied internal staff and external vendors
- Provide a positive customer experience to alumni world-wide by responding to messages, calls, and in-person interactions
- Demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment with fluid and changing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office; CRM database use; iModules software
- This position requires evening, weekend work, and all other duties as assigned.
But that's not all we're looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member's contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign--and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional-- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.