Santa Barbara, California
San Diego, California
San Diego, California
Fort Worth, Texas
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New York, New York
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of experience in higher education development, direct marketing for higher education or related experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams).
- Experience with donor CRMs (Blackbaud), marketing automation platforms (Anthology), project management tools (Teams/Basecamp) and commercial printing/production processes is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent editing skills and a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize and work on multiple and competing projects simultaneously.
- Superior customer service skills for school and unit clients.
- Ability to interact effectively in a comprehensive research university setting.
- The ability to work effectively, and maintain confidentiality, with a variety of campus departments including consultation and advisement of constituent school and unit colleagues.
- A high energy level and strong drive to be successful.
- Ability to think logically and strategically.
But that's not all we're looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member's contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign--and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional-- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills, our values, and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.