Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits.
The Coordinator, Multimedia and Digital Graphics provides assistance to the team of staff engaged in producing video streams of live sports events and video features, and expertise in the development and implementation of digital graphics used for scoreboard, social media and special video projects. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Administration *Coordinates streaming video productions, including specific assignment and supervision of students, interns and freelance staff *Contributes to production of video content for website, social media and in-arena video boards *Oversees graphic design strategic planning for Sports Communications in collaboration with other members of the Sports Communications and Multimedia Team *Assists with execution of new media initiatives *Assists with mandatory reports, attends meetings, responds to supervisory requests *Maintains NCAA and League compliance requirements *Assists with archiving
2. Management *Prioritizes time and tasks on a daily basis to ensure completion with quality standards *Engages in daily decision-making about the allocation of time and resources to program initiatives *Participates in other managerial activities including problem identification, problem solving and problem avoidance
3. Advancement *Occasional participation on Department committees *Engage in personal development as a professional *Represent Lehigh with distinction *Develop and expand experiences to become more independent and more effective in role *Stay abreast of technological developments that impact the multimedia area
4. Results *Achieve the educational, competitive and service objectives defined by the Department and the University *Contributes to institutional visibility via program execution *Promotes student-athlete and staff recognition
5. Leadership *Promotes and reinforces the institutional and Departmental mission, vision, values and priorities within and beyond the Department and staff including public audiences *Identification of initiatives that will improve or add value to existing programs *Improve the use of technology, techniques, execution, productivity and evaluation systems *Providing an example for students of work ethic, responsibility, attention to detail and accountability
6. Supervision *Schedules, guides and directs student workers *Communicates performance expectations to students *Provides specific work assignments and instructions *Evaluates student performance via direct and constructive feedback *Delegates to students as appropriate in the aim of developing student ownership and pride in multimedia productions *Promotes diversity commitment in all supervisory responsibilities
Position Number: S98550
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
Must be able to work a flexible schedule; some evenings and weekends are required
This position works with minors
Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Related sports marketing experience, preferably in college athletics
Demonstrated experience in digital marketing with significant hands-on social media experience
Demonstrated experience in design programs like Adobe Suite
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong skills and capabilities for using digital graphics software packages such as Adobe Suite
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.