Senior Marketing Development Manager (Transplant and Vanderbilt Lung Institute)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2214776
Senior Marketing Development Manager (Transplant and Vanderbilt Lung Institute)
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and implements marketing strategies that drive volume growth, independently. Researches, proposes, and produces measurable annual marketing plans, utilizing a range of communication channels to reach target audiences. Analyzes background information, data, and statistics of various marketing strategies.
Develops, implements, and evaluates all marketing, advertising and promotion of assigned service lines to include digital and traditional campaigns, email, marketing automation, digital search, display and social media campaigns, advertising, out-of-home, print collateral.
Monitors effectiveness of marketing tactics through tracking patient visits, marketing analytics and financial reports.
Monitors, researches, and analyzes political, legal, and regulatory environment affecting areas of responsibility. Conducts regular analysis of competitive landscape, including cost and pricing analysis of existing and proposed services, and competitive pricing and reimbursement.
Production responsibilities to include independently executing projects, proofreading and creating/ maintaining status reports. Coordinate daily tasks with clients, internal departments & outside vendors to ensure flawless execution of marketing plans, events, PR initiatives and programs. Provide tactical support as needed and coordinate with multiple departments including Clinical staff, Operations, Production, Digital Marketing to execute Marketing Plans. Compile and manage project timelines and task lists. Copywriting and proofreading marketing materials for messaging, accuracy and brand consistency and managing stakeholder approvals.
Solicits feedback from consumers, physicians, and other stakeholders in the development and execution of marketing plans.
Develops and maintains strong working relationships with organizational leadership to understand and align objectives, develop recommendations and secure alignment with marketing plans, and position strategic marketing as a trusted partner.
Regularly presents both plans and outcomes to key stakeholder groups.
Participates in the assessment and development of proposed new services that evolve from market research analysis and business development efforts.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MARKETING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (ADVANCED):- Knowledge and skills in integrated digital marketing, broadcast and print production, promotional and collateral materials, as well as web and social media presence. Demonstrates attention to detail, timeline, deadlines, budgets.
COMMUNICATION (ADVANCED):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
CRITICAL THINKING (INTERMEDIATE):- The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (ADVANCED):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
DOCUMENTATION & WRITING SKILLS (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates knowledge, training, and experience in documentation and writing to provide high quality products that will engage an audience and speak for the organization. Delivers documentation services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others.
NETWORKING (INTERMEDIATE):- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Knowledge of the operation and support of the system from the standpoint of computer operations, network operations, and/or technical support.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.