Location: Ithaca, New York
eCornell Digital Marketing Manager (Remote)
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Culture of Inclusion and Community Standards
As an individual contributor you will model and support a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and wellbeing and continually seek to understand how your role, behaviors, and actions impact the success of this culture.
As Cornell University's online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, leadership, and STEM. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies.
Rewards and Benefits
While position responsibilities vary, every member of our community is expected to foster a culture of belonging and a psychologically healthy work environment by communicating across differences; being cooperative, collaborative, open, and welcoming; showing respect, compassion, and empathy; engaging and supporting others regardless of background or perspective; speaking up when others are being excluded or treated inappropriately; and supporting work/life integration of oneself and others.
The Digital Marketing Manager will assist with managing and optimizing our $20+ million online marketing budget, filling a key role in our high-performing in-house digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of driving growth through successful digital marketing campaign management and achieving key marketing KPIs. Exceptional creative concepting and copywriting skills to create compelling ads are also critical. The role will have a heavy emphasis on lead generation and new student acquisition with a focus on optimizing existing campaigns, launching new ones, as well as helping to implement consistent testing to drive data and actionable insights.
What you will do:
- Assist in daily campaign management and reporting across paid lead generation channels, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, Bing and more.
- Serve as a point of contact to manage relationships with media vendors including Google and Microsoft.
- Collaborate with the larger marketing team to plan for new campaigns and product launches, including creative concepting, copywriting, idea generation, and marketing strategy.
- Determine and assess full funnel KPIs such as cost-per-lead and ROAS to optimize campaigns and increase marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage budget pacing across paid channels on a day-to-day basis to maximize results and hit targets.
- Conduct keyword and audience research to inform new product development and discover new opportunities for growth and demand.
- A/B test planning and implementation.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance to identify trends and actionable insights.
- Report out results to key stakeholders and provide thought leadership and perspective on all things digital marketing.
What you will need:
- Experience in and/or demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color.
- Bachelor's degree, with an additional minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing roles.
- Significant experience running ads in at least two of the following: Meta Advertising (Facebook), Google Ads, LinkedIn Advertising, Microsoft Bing Advertising.
- Strong portfolio of digital ad concepts
- Strong examples of successful, hands-on paid campaign management, particularly running direct response ads for lead generation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional copywriting skills for a marketing and social media context.
- Excellent Excel skills and exceptional analytical ability, including the ability to translate data into meaningful business insights.
What we prefer:
- Experience in higher ed or edtech
- Google Adwords certification or experience
- Experience working with Salesforce, Tableau, and/or Zapier a plus.
- Ability to leverage Google Analytics for web-based insights and tracking.
- Ability to work in Google Tag Manager to implement tracking.
- Deep understanding of current digital marketing best practices and trends.
- Driven, self-motivated attitude. Ability to do great work independently with minimal direction as well as collaborate closely with teams.
- Proactive problem-solving ability and ability to leverage skills of other team members across departments to get to a solution.
- Ability to work well within a virtual team, where fast, thorough, responsive communication is critical.
- Ability to learn quickly, switch gears quickly, and juggle competing priorities.
This position is based in Ithaca, New York, however, the successful applicant may perform this role remotely anywhere within the United States.
The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State.
**Sponsorship for employment visa is not available for this position**
University Job Title:
Communication Spec III
Pay Rate Type:
$67,800.00 - $80,396.00
Remote Option Availability:
Number of Openings:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
Unique applicable skills
Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
Online Submission Guidelines:
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.