GENERAL SUMMARY: The Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications. This individual will develop, enhance, and implement the communications and public relations efforts of the School. This includes implementing content and communications strategies on social media, the School’s website, and print campaigns to enhance the brand of Roland Park Country School. The Communications Associate will also be responsible for attending and taking photos/videos at School events. In addition, this individual will conduct analysis and closely monitor the latest digital marketing trends to successfully increase the School’s online presence and engagement with our external constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with our Communications/Advancement team to develop and execute social media campaigns and other digital marketing strategies to reach our fundraising and enrollment goals.
• Assist in gathering highlights of School happenings via photography and video. (Coverage of events may include nights and weekends.)
• Assist with managing all of the School’s social media channels.
• Create and maintain a social media calendar for the School.
• Utilize creative approaches to social media, website posts and email campaigns.
• Stay abreast of social media trends in the broad market and in independent schools and provide recommendations that are relevant to the School’s marketing activities.
• Assist in the daily and proactive management of the School’s website, including content creation, news updates, routine maintenance and search engine optimization (SEO).
• Write compelling content to support RPCS communications efforts, including but not limited to, website articles, print publication text, press releases and blogs.
• Assist with basic graphic design projects and edit photo and video content (comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite products and Canva).
• Evaluate survey data, market conditions, and competitor data.
• Assist in creating regular e-communication campaigns.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Communications or the Head of School.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premier Rush preferred), MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and website content management systems required.
• Strong writing and photography skills.
• Strong understanding of digital marketing best practices.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast past environment while providing strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate widely with various constituencies throughout the School’s community.
• Videography skills preferred.
• Independent school experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work some extended hours, night and weekends, as business needs require.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of three years’ work experience in marketing, communications or similar field.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position that involves sitting at a desk, working on a computer and standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Regularly use close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Frequently works outdoors and occasionally subjected to various weather conditions.
• Must be able to ascend/descend stairs in an office building.
• Ability to turn, kneel, bend, reach, squat, stoop, reach overhead, and crouch.
• Must be able to move around and access all parts of the campus, which includes gym, turf, fields, dining hall, etc.
• The Communications Associate is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position.
• The individual in this position is expected to work during all hours as may be assigned by the School and during other hours for events and activities.
• The Communications Associate is expected to perform their job duties on campus unless otherwise permitted by the Head of School.
• As a condition of employment, all employees hired after August 1, 2021, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of such vaccination.
A background check (including a criminal records and employment history review) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be begin work with RPCS. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status or start of employment.
• Occasional travel may be required
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and assignments may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should apply by completing the employment application and submitting a resume and cover letter to Ms. Shahad Alkubaisi in HR at AlkubaisiS@rpcs.org. References may be requested after the application has been submitted.
Roland Park Country School, a traditionally all-girls college preparatory school, is dedicated to the intellectual and moral development of its students. We cultivate creativity, independence of thought, tenacity of purpose, self-discipline, and emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. We maintain high academic standards, uphold tradition, and promote innovation. We nurture a cooperative, resilient spirit within an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. In a diverse, inclusive, and joyful community, Roland Park Country School strives to instill in its students a lifelong love of learning, as well as the responsibility to look within and beyond themselves to contribute to and serve as stewards and leaders of their communities.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
RPCS is an equal opportunity employer. The School is committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action. RPCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, a medical condition resulting fr...om pregnancy or childbirth, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law (“Protected Categories”).