Location: Westchester Campus,
Reporting directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Corporate Relations, the Athletics Sponsorship Relations Account Associate helps drive the growth of the LMU Athletics brand through new business development, NIL opportunities, strategic partnerships, as well as managing client services.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities
* Research and interact with local, regional and national companies/brands to drive partnershipsales for LMU.
* Develop impactful, professional sponsorship presentation materials highlighting Athletic assets.
* Grow and maintain new/current strategic partnerships to align with Departmental sales goals.
* Administer execution of new partnership agreements.
* Review partnership agreements with the Athletics Business staff to ensure that financial support is current and if not, develop corrective strategies.
* Implement contractual fulfillment obligations such to assure client satisfaction at game-day events on weekends and evenings.
* Support and assist Athletic Department staff across Marketing, Special Events, and Administrative functions and Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) partnerships.
* Stay current with industry trends to maximize potential rule changes within the NCAA, creating a model corporate sponsorship program run internally.
* Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. Conduct all aspects of program in accordance with the rules and policies established by the university, LMU Athletics, all Sports Conference Affiliations, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
* Complete all rules compliance information as required. Participate in an annual evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sports Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with immediate supervisor. Participate in an evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sport Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with immediate supervisor on
an annual basis.
* Represent LMU within campus/alumni community and at professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
* Typically a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
* Minimum two years sports or sponsorship, sales and rights negotiation experience in progressively responsible positions in college or professional sports.
* Thorough understanding of the sports sponsorship landscape including traditional, non-traditional, and digital marketing assets as well as changes and advancements in the industry,
* Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing comprehensive reports and executive summaries incorporating complex highly technical information.
* Demonstrated computer competency and experience with current prospecting research methods.
* Demonstrated ability to create and innovate using the latest technology platforms.
* Strong knowledge of digital marketing including but not limited to social media, content marketing, banner ads, mobile, retargeting and websites, including performance analytics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position
$64,480.00 - $71,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)