Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate, or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it is needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated.
Trust, collaboration, commitment, invest in the future, and global impact are our cultural guideposts at Operation Smile. They are a part of who we are as an organization. They create a shared understanding of how all our roles are connected and are an invaluable tool that helps guide how we interact with patients, donors, partners, and each other.
Oversees the development, production, and review of the digital and social presence across multiple platforms. Possesses the experience needed to track and evolve our digital audience experience.
Manages the digital content calendar, ensure content is created/produced and reused across digital channels and integrated with OSI. Contributes directly to paid and organic content, campaigns, authoring, editing, and publishing along with working with agency partners.
Manage owned, earned, and paid digital strategy and calendar to grow multi-platform content, audience, and engagement.
Manage and engage stakeholders in the digital editorial calendar ensuring content in relevant, timely, and linked to strategic content goals ensuring the properties are active
Analyze and use data and metrics to inform editorial and strategic decisions to create accountability for results and lead results meetings
Supervise various teams to produce coordinated content, including social media channels, events, community management and brand ambassador engagement.
Grow organic and revenue contribution
Interpret the brand voice and serve as its steward across all digital touchpoints including email, blog, social and paid advertising. Actively contributing to its evolution.
Create skill-sharing opportunities internationally with other Operation Smile Foundations.
Bachelor degree in marketing, journalism or related field
4+ years of digital marketing or communications experience.
Proficient in digital media platforms and analytics software, content management systems, Facebook ads manager
Proven skills in writing and developing engaging digital content.
Expert in project management.
Campaign planning, brief development, implementation, and evaluation.
Proficiency in web optimization, web analytics and email marketing strategies.
Excellent command of the English language, including writing and copy editing.
Creative asset production posts, banners ads, videos
Spanish a plus
Strong project management and time management skills.
Great team player, skilled collaborator.
Resilient leader, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and constituents.
High degree of initiative and self-motivation.
Practices exemplary professional judgement and discretion.
Exemplary interpersonal communication skills working across the organization.
About Operation Smile
Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated. Visit www.operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
All interested applicants should apply online at http://www.operationsmile.org/about-us/careers.
The Gifts-in-Kind (GIK) Coordinator works on the Global Philanthropy Team and coordinates with the Global Logistics and Materials Management team and Finance team. The Coordinator’s core responsibility is to increase gift-...in-kind medical and nonmedical donations by managing current donated inventory and asks and managing areas of potential for donated product, both in the US and globally.
1. Research products, gather information, and identify product needs for programmatic initiatives.
2. Research and evaluate Gifts-in-Kind opportunities for the organization on a global scale.
3. Record activity related to Gifts-in-Kind accounts in database.
4. Execute compliance functions for all gifts-in-kind medical product. Responsibilities would include, but not limited to: yearly reporting, product tracking requirements and/or adverse effect reporting, and policy reporting.
5. Develop procedures around product usage.
6. Identify international foundation Gifts-in-Kind needs by working closely with International Programs to understand regional needs.
7. Work closely with the logistics team to research, oversee and organize incoming donated medical supplies and equipment.
8. Provide Global Philanthropy team with preparation of all official documentation to support all GIK asks.
9. Respond regularly to public web inquiries regarding gifts-in-kind offerings.
10. Assist Global Philanthropy team with special projects and items as needed.
11. Communicate regularly with global staff and foundations.
12. Additional duties as necessary.
Experience Required (education/work):
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis or concentration in business, medical education preferred.
• Medical product and equipment knowledge, to include pharmaceuticals.
• Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience tracking inventory, developing procedures and with yearly medical donation reporting requirements and compliance policies.
• Experience in researching product detail to identify substitutions and/or new donation potential for our international programs.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally if needed. (Possible 10%)
• Supply chain and program management experience highly desired.
• Experience in prospect research.
• Be self-directed and capable of problem-solving with minimal supervision.
• Ability to allocate time and priorities appropriately.
• Ability to work well with different cultures, countries and fundraising markets.
• Communicates effectively, efficiently and with clarity.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Teachable with a drive to learn.
• Capable of working individually and within a team setting within a complex, multifaceted organization.
• Ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to support the Global Philanthropy team in accurate and impactful donor reporting.
• Computer proficiency, including experience with logistics databases and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Raisers Edge, Financial Edge required.
• The candidate must have a willingness to learn the functions of all medical equipment and supplies, to include pharmaceuticals.